Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Welcome back your dreams were your ticket out"

So I'm back and oh how I missed you. I've decided I can't let things (like my distant mother reading) keep me from doing something I love. So here I am.

Things have been hard and fine at the same time. I'm in a good place medication wise but in a bad place emotionally. I had one of my best therapy sessions in a long time this week. We talked and I cried about my parents and how losing them is like a death, not so much losing them, but losing the idea that I will ever have good parents.

Mother let me go months ago. She wrote it in an email--how perfectly distant. I don't know how any parent can let their very sick daughter go and just wish her luck. Father was silent as usual. Maybe writing this is a way for me to lash out, maybe writing this is a way for me to finally be honest about the big secret I have been keeping for a long time. I keep it a secret to protect them. I keep it a secret to protect them from the true Catherine wrath that I often think they deserve.

I want to be honest on here, in some ways I don't give a shit about what everyone thinks, in other ways I care so much I would just die if people thought negatively about me. But I'm sick of this, sick of this dance around who I really am.

I have this deep mourning sadness in my center. As soon as things are quiet it comes creeping into me like a ghost. "A ghost, a real ghost" as the poets say. I try to stay busy to keep the black-demon-three-headed-monster away. This doesn't serve me anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Oh darling Catherine:

    First you are beautiful, you are so beautiful, the most beautiful eyes and smile, the most beautiful hair and face.

    Catherine I am sorry that you have had parents that don't deserve to have had you.

    You are going to be okay though.

    I always write whatever honestly and then it is what it is.

    Like if I say I hate Wahid one day well the very next I might love him to the moon and back, that is just being real.

    Be real darling, there is no need to be strong. Keep it real and not strong and hopefully those who deserve you will be here for you.

    I love you darling and I know that you are going to be okay. But things must come to the surface and if that means you share them here or somewhere else doesn't really matter, you just need to get them out.

    Glad your back Babe.

    Love Renee xoxox

    ReplyDelete