Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blogland





I received my first blog award from sweet Silke. I don't know that many blogs to pass it on to, but I thought I would still write out ten things that make me happy.

1. My Ronald. He is so sweet and supportive, my absolute best friend. I could describe him for hours but let's just say he is brilliant.

2. Our sweet puppies Amelia and Isabelle. They are adorable and keep me going on my worst days.

3. My favorite aromatherapy lotion. I use it every night and whenever I have anxiety, it is instantly soothing.

4. Crafting and creating. I especially love sewing and paper crafts.

5. Journaling. I have kept a journal since I was 14 years old and I love looking back and seeing where I've been and how far I've come.

6. Fresh flowers. Every week I buy fresh cut flowers and put them around the house. That is one thing I let myself splurge on.

7. Photography. I just bought a new camera and totally adore it. I love taking still life pictures and trying to get good snapshots of the dogs. I also sneak pictures of Ronald any chance I get.

8. Anything vintage. My sister and I run a store on Etsy selling vintage clothing. We thrift together all the time and go to antique fairs. I love my mini collections of vintage mary figurines, poodles and milk glass.

9. Date time. Ronald and I have a weekly movie date, we always do the same exact thing (let's say we are creatures of habit). We go to sushi or our favorite Vietnamese restaurant and then to Starbucks and to see a movie.  I love relaxing and spending time with him.

10. Being out in nature. We live about a block away from The Iron Horse Trail. A trail that leads for miles and we are right in the middle of it, I go on nature walks with my camera. I love the Spring time when the grasses are tall and green and the golden poppies are blooming.

I realize more and more that people are so nice and supportive. Just in blogging I have come across several sweet souls who probably don't know how much their comments mean to me. They mean a lot to me, they help me get through the days so thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Catherine, I love your list!! So many things that make you happy - some of them are the same things I love. And some I wish I did but don't, like journaling or knowing anything about vintage... But then there's sushi and Vietnamese food and Starbacks... I knew I felt a connection!! ;-)

    I keep staring at your photos - you have such an eye for composition and color. What camera do you use? Not that that will help me with composition, but I'm always curious as to what others use. I may have to graduate to a more sophisticate camera...

    I'm glad you have your puppies and your adoring husband! And I'm glad I found you and your blog!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words on my pictures. :) My camera is a Canon Rebel 15.1 megapixel.

    Love, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the camera info. I'll have to look it up! This is one of my "things" for this year - to take better pictures. You are an inspiration!! :) Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling what a wonderful list.

    And oh my God did you make that bag on top. I'm crazy about it.

    By the way Silke is amazing too.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did make the bag, it was super easy to make and I love it too.

    Love, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first award! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete