Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hell bent


Some people are hell bent on ruining their lives or at least staying stagnant. I try to help, but it seems like I get nowhere with them. It's depressing. It's depressing hearing someone talk about how depressed they are when you are the one who is really depressed and they don't ask one question about how you are doing, don't recognize that you were crying in the car on the way to meet them and don't respond when you tell them you are having a bad day. I just got home from spending time with one of those people and now I'm drinking, an easy make-you-feel-better sort of habit.

My in-laws came over and helped Ronald with the house while I was gone. It's so clean and beautiful right now, I love it. Being sick, I only have the energy to do a little laundry, maybe make the bed and clean the kitchen. They were able to clean our wreck of a garage, set up a workout room for me, and put all the Christmas decorations away. I can't help but think that these are the parents I never had, and I'm so lucky to have them now.

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky to have them Catherine and don't forget to tell them that. People must always be appreciated.

    Now the friend in the one way road conversation. That is not a good thing, it is too draining for you darling. Maybe they need to know that you understand depression and that you are sad too.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete