Friday, January 22, 2010

Forefront


I have a lot to do today. Most of it consists of being out in public and driving, both make me really anxious. I'm trying to think of the good things about going out. Listening to music in the car and going to the art store to get some craft supplies. These things are overshadowed by my fear of talking to cashiers, or being seen for who I am by strangers, or having to touch the cashiers hand when I grab my receipt (yes, a huge phobia of mine).

I need to take better care of myself. Treat myself well and gently but I'm so overwhelmed and not used to treating myself nicely. I feel guilty for so many things. I steep in guilt, I smell it, I live in it like an old cardboard box. I fear that I don't live up to people's expectations on one hand, but on the other hand I think "fuck it I don't want to live up to people's expectations, I just want to be me". That is much easier said than done though.

Today I am sad that we can't have a baby for a while, if ever. I worry we won't be able to have a baby because I'm so sick. I need to get more stable before we even think about it, but I'm so expectant, excited, shamed, broken hearted, jealous. I feel ashamed that I'm not strong like everyone else who can have kids no problem. I just wish I could be normal.

3 comments:

  1. Darling you are not seeing yourself correctly.

    No one is even paying attention to you, believe me they are just as self absorbed about their own concerns as you and I are.

    They truly are not giving us a second thought.

    You will have a baby one day, maybe just not today.

    Have fun today.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about every one being obsessed with themselves, we all are.

    I did have fun today, I bought some craft supplies which always makes me happy.

    Love, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I know what you mean about taking care of yourself. I have to make myself do that every day. And guilt...I still have to deal with guilt (stupid guilt) every day. I see it now and ignore it, but it has ruled much of my life...

    I'm glad you did have some fun today!! And I am with Renee - if you knew how little others pay attention to you, you'd never worry when going out.

    I used to make sure that every hair was in place when I would go out, so worried how others would see me. Now, I make just sure I don't have toilet paper stuck to my shoes, but other than that I know others don't really care. And if they do, tough!

    And I'm so with Renee - if you really want to have a baby, one day that baby will come to you!

    What craft supplies did you buy?!

    Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete