Thursday, January 21, 2010

hold on


Holding on is painful. I remember going on the swings at the park when I was little and sometimes it hurt because I held on too tight and I would look at my hands after and they would be full of marks and rust. That's what it feels like now except no matter how tightly I hold on I seem to start slipping.

I want to hide because I don't know which mood is me anymore, I don't know who I am. Am I destined to be depressed, is that just who I am? Are all my good days manic days? Is continuing to talk about how I'm really doing even good for me? I sit and wonder.

My parents loom like an old spinster in my dreams. I can't sleep, I'm trying to stop napping, this makes things momentarily worse. My hair is falling out from stress, my stomach is in knots, I have no energy to do anything. I'm emotionally drained, physically drained, everything drained.

The soul-eating-skull-trotting-mud-monster holds me down and has its way with me. I get stuck on things. I mull thoughts over and over until they stink. I race, I stay still. I am frozen, floating, drowning, downing pills that don't seem to do shit. My love hate relationship with living and trying to get better.

4 comments:

  1. Darling you may have this all your life but you are going to be good too. You may have shitty days, but you will have good ones too.

    I hate that monster, he visits me sometimes too, not from the same kind of illness but he visits all the same. If he is too much please send him over to me and I will let him dry hump me for a while. Anything to take him away from you sweet girl.

    He will never defeat you. Ever. And never.

    I love you Catherine and how I wish I could take some of this away from you.

    Love Renee xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee has said it all, Catherine!! The monster will not defeat you!! And maybe you can even afford to let go a little bit - it may just surprise you where you land... That kind of holding on and presenting a "happy" face can really take it out of you and contribute to your overall tension and fatigue. And tell your parents to take a hike and leave your dreams! Oh, if it were just that easy... Sending you all the strength I have!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both. I hope the monster won't take me down but sometimes he is so big and looming, it is extremely scary. I know you both know how this feels.

    Love to you, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine, appreciate again another wonderful post. Holding on, yes very painful. Trust is very hard. Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete