Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nighttime


I hate going to bed at night. I get so anxious before bed and usually cry before falling asleep. Every night I have horrible dreams. Not always nightmares, but those sort of dreams that haunt you and take you so deep you think they are real.

Every night for at least two months I've been dreaming about my parents. I am alone with them and my brother and sister, Ronald is no where to be found and I often don't even know who he is. My parents are usually yelling at me, or kidnapping me, or kicking me out of their house when I have no where to go. I wake up so sad and shocked and disconnected, sometimes I don't even know where I am.

I take one or two naps a day just to get some rest (when I nap I don't dream). I just hate this. I hate how my parents dwell like phantoms in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I remember those dreams...so well! For many years, I had the worst nightmares, often with my parents as the main characters. I'd scream, I'd yell, I'd be terrified and often they were quite violent. For years, I was terrified of sleeping at night.

    You'll find that as you find your way, those dreams will become less and less frequent. I don't know when I last had a nightmare of any kind. I still dream a lot (three or four dreams at night), but now it's like my own personal movie theater.

    The same will be true for you! It's your subconscious working things out... I'm glad you can get some naps in to make sure you are rested.

    Love that sweet photo!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope these dreams will stop soon. In some ways I know it is a good thing because it means I am really working through some of my issues with my parents, but it's still extremely difficult.

    xox, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last line is so right on. Praying for you...to sleep with no nightmares. Sarah

    ReplyDelete