Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cherry pop


I think I've said it before but I love Valentines I even have a version of one tattooed on my arm. I made Ronald a cute Valentine yesterday and I will post pictures of it on Flickr soon.

I'm feeling good again today which is strange. I rarely have two good days in a row but am hoping this will continue. I have therapy this morning so I'm anticipating this good feeling won't last long since therapy is one of the hardest things I do every week. I dread it with a passion but I do it because I know I have to if I want to get better.

Yesterday I went to the bookstore and bought some books for my upcoming birthday. A miniature book of Sylvia Plath's poems to keep in my purse of course. I am rather addicted to her and poetry in general. I also bought a novel that Shannon suggested and a calender where you write something positive about yourself every day. I also thought I could use the calender as a mood log and start tracking my good and bad days. I love buying books. I stand at the giant shelves in my polka dot ballerina flats and peek at all the shy books smooshed together in awkward and colorful clumps, and I pick and choose quite lavishly. Book shopping is really one of my favorite things.

I still am having bad dreams. I wake up a few times every night terrified. Last night it was that we were in Haiti during the earthquake and everyone was dying, also that my dad was being chased by a brown bear, I wonder if I was the bear? Chasing him for attention and to let out my rage.

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on the books! I LOVE shopping for books and do it quite often - online, at regular book stores or at thrift stores. Daniel and I both love books! The ones you got sound very interesting!! I like that calendar idea. I'm so glad you are having some good days even if the dream world is still scary! That will change at some point... Here's to good days!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete