Monday, April 5, 2010

kids

I grew up around kids. From twelve to fourteen I helped my mom run an in-home daycare,  When I was sixteen I worked at a daycare center full time for a few months, I also volunteered at my church for about three years doing childcare, so I am really comfortable around kids. I was a little nervous meeting my nephew Sam and curious as to whether all my kid experience would come back. Well, it did and I feel perfectly comfortable around him and more confident in my ability to be a mother.

Of course having a baby around makes me want to a. either steal Sam :), or b. become a mother even earlier than planned. But I know these are just my motherly emotions coming out and that we are on the right track.

All in all though, I love being an auntie. My niece and nephew are the two sweetest kids on earth!

1 comment: