Tuesday, March 9, 2010

vintage

This is one of the pictures I bought at the antique store. It reminds me of Indiana Jones or of the gold rush.

It's a bright morning. The daffodils bloomed overnight breaking through their brown bulbous shells. I'm feeling ok. Last night I had dreams about earthquakes, tidal waves, and chemical burns. But now that is over and I'm about to start my day. First a workout, then therapy. Once I get home I'm going to rest and craft and enjoy the sunshine.

I feel weird/good this week. Sort of detached, sort of present, kind of conundrum-ish.  Since my last therapy session I have felt like my recovery is truly in my hands rather than in the control of my parents and the strange things they have done/will do. It's a good feeling. Now to get where I want to go.

Here are some things I'm doing:

I hope to lower more of my medication today and find a baseline of how I am doing so I can either get off medication all together or just be on the medication that I really need.

I'm going to get healthier physically. I have an application on my blackberry that keeps track of my exercise and eating. I'm trying to stick to 1600 calories a day.

I'm trying to get our house organized and put together so we can start painting and fixing things up. Next projects are the bathroom and dining room/kitchen.

I'm starting to immerse myself into my creativity. Scrap-booking, taking photos, painting, and writing.


I'm working on talking more and saying what I want. It's difficult because I get so stuck in my past and old habits so I have to be really focused.

Yesterday I was talking to my sister about how since I don't work I don't see myself reaching small goals as much or get feedback on how I'm doing. I'm going to ask Ronald for a "yearly review" on how I am doing compared to last year, what I am doing well and what I can improve on.

1 comment: