Thursday, March 18, 2010

texture

Drama continues. I am not left alone. My parents contact me and go back and forth on the things they say. They are so into themselves and they don't even realize it. They attack, they blame, they admit no fault of their own. It makes me understand even more how unhealthy they are and how good it is that I do not have a relationship with them.

I'm tired of thinking about these things. Yesterday was the first time that receiving a note from them didn't send me into my whirlwind-depression-tunnel.  It is great to be over it all. To see things as an adult, to be able to take a step back and rather than letting my emotions get huddled and muddled to just let it go.

Yesterday was a good day in spite of everything. Today is going to be good too, I've just decided on it. I need to give the dogs a bath, clean our poor wreck of a bedroom and do laundry. These aren't my favorite things to do but they need to get done.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a positive and uplifting post. Progress... that is what I see here.

    I love the photo of the tree, as well. I have such an afinity for trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing good. Thanks for all you encouragement on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've decided on it."

    Powerful words! Do it! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete