Tuesday, February 9, 2010

reason to stay

This picture captures the moment I first decided not to kill myself. It was in 2005 and the suicidal thoughts had just begun with a vengeance. And then on a drive with Ronald I put my hand out the window and felt the sensation of the air running through my fingers and saw my hand against the green trees and pale blue sky. For some reason I took a picture, and for some reason I changed my mind. I don't really know what happened but this is probably the last time I felt really connected to God. It only lasted a moment but it's a moment I cannot forget.

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo! And that moment! To think we would have never met... I remember that moment well in my own life when I was dealing with depression, except it wasn't quite as beautiful. I was laying in bed one morning and I suddenly realized that what I really wanted was to feel happy, not to die yet. There were things left for me to do. To think I would have never started painting... or known my nephews... or started a blog... or known all the amazing moments I've known with Daniel! So glad you decided to stay for a while longer! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a moment worth remembering... And is this one of your recovered photos? If so, I can see why this is so special. Both for the content, and for the context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you were able to capture that moment in time, and can always reflect back to it Catherine! Amen! Blessings. Hang on to the memory, if you can.

    ReplyDelete