Thursday, February 4, 2010

downess

I'm down for the second day. This feels remarkably typical as most medicine only works for me for a short time. Maybe this is cynical thinking, but regardless, it is.

I feel exhausted, irritable, sad, lonely and guilty. Since I have been writing down how I'm feeling everyday I've noticed how often loneliness and guilt come up for me, things I didn't realize I had issues with. I'm alone a lot, I usually enjoy being alone but lately it feels quite empty. I'm guilty because I was raised guilty. I hear the old gnarled tapes over and over of being blamed for not having a relationship with my dad. Of course it wasn't his fault but mine, I wasn't a good enough daughter. I would get in trouble by him for crying and was considered "too emotional". I was guilty for being myself; no wonder I hide so much now.

No comments:

Post a Comment