Monday, February 15, 2010

"on your seven sheets"

It's the last day of a three day weekend. I'm already getting those blues that fill into the corners when the week is about to start. It seems like real life always comes back. And real life is mean and lonely at times.

Yesterday while eating noodle bowls and salt and pepper shrimp at our favorite Vietnamese bistro we talked about things like babies. We talked about how if I wasn't sick we would be trying to have a baby right now. We talked about when we should try and we don't know. When I get pregnant I will have to be off at least some of my medication. This means that even if I start feeling better on my meds, I might go back into the cave once I stop taking them. There is really no way of knowing when the best time is, it's really just a shot in the dark. But we can be better equipped for when the time comes if I work through more of my issues and develop better coping skills.

I feel sad and strange. Dizzy, tummy-ached, droopy eyed, tearful, dried up, and disobedient. It's like reality and my dreams are kept at arms-length so I can't get to them.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Catherine, I think disobedient is a great place to start! :) I think when the time is right, you will have a baby. And, who knows, the elevated hormone levels might take over for some of the meds you won't be taking. Or maybe the joy you'll feel will do the job! I think it's great that you talk about it and gather all the info. You are young and that is a good thing!! Much love, Silke

    ReplyDelete