Saturday, February 13, 2010

capture

We just got home from our trip to the mountains. It was beautiful and relaxing. There is no cell service, no internet and no television so it's really quiet and distraction free. We didn't stay too long but are going back next weekend to stay a bit longer. You can't beat a free vacation (all we have to do is teach CPR for one hour). We ran into the pastor who married us. You could tell he was pleased to see us happy.

On the drive up we talked a lot. I was honest about how I was really doing, really, really honest. It was very good. I smiled the whole way home just enjoying being with him, talking about psychology and random biological factoids. It was so nice.

While I was at the camp I thought a lot about God. This morning we listened to a cd by Doug Burr where he sings the Psalms, it made me realize that I do believe in God in a way, just not the "church God" I grew up with. I do believe in a higher power and I need to work on opening myself up to him and seeing who he really is rather than being blinded by my past or my present bitterness. It's hard though, but one step at a time. I'm looking forward to next weekend where I can slow down and think things through.

2 comments:

  1. Catherine this is such a wonderful post. Glad you had the time to share and the desire to even want to open up more to God! Thank you for being real. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a great time on your camping trip! Taking a car trip and being out in nature often brings out the best conversations and so much hope and joy!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete