Friday, February 5, 2010

"and from that day on everything under the sun and moon made me sad"

I'm falling, falling into the dwindling black hole. My monster comes stomping back into my life, clang! clang! clang! his muddy boots rattle. I feel his breath on the back of my neck, his desire for me-- to eat me alive, to ruin me and take me down to hell.

I have all this good stuff in my life. Ronald, in-laws that are like the parents I never had, a real sister, a few very good friends, and things still suck. I have a house, I live in my dream town, we have all this money coming in, I have the freedom to be artistic and make things all day, and I'm still stuck and sinking into doom. It's fucking frustrating.

I'm exhausted, I can't put into words how tired I am of all this shit. I get my hopes up when I have good days, but I'm realizing more and more that I shouldn't. I know I'm whining, but god it's hard. This really makes me not believe in God. How can he let people go through so much pain without rescuing them?

3 comments:

  1. Sending a great big hug! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, sweet girl. I'm a fellow depression fighter who started young and is now 56. I have lived through the dark hole many times, often with help from the psychiatric community. Just last October I went to the psych hospital for two weeks.
    I'm here to tell you two things. First, depression is a real illness, not a mere complaint or a whining personality. It is an illness that strikes some of us no matter how lovely our lives are.
    Second, it can be survived, and the black will recede. It's like a long ocean wave that we ride until it fades away, and leaves us at peace again.
    My advice is to see a member of the medical community who specializes in mental illness. I take medication, and since October my whole world has become light-filled again.
    This can happen for you, too.
    Love and hugs,
    Chris from Enchanted Oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not religious myself, but some are said to believe this suffering is a test of strength, some believe it's just an exaggerated part of the human personality that could be used to flourish in some way. Things to ponder, I guess.
    "Whine" away - That's part of what blogging's for. ;)
    You sound like I feel (more often then not) - Many *hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete