Friday, February 12, 2010

In the mountain


 
 
Today we are going on a road trip up to the mountains to stay overnight in a little cabin. We are going to teach CPR at a Christian camp. It's weird to me that we are teaching "saved" people how to save lives. I guess this is my cynicism coming out. I'm looking forward to having a few hours to talk with Ronald though, and I'm sure that in a convoluted way it will make me think of God. Being around Christians always makes me feel horribly uncomfortable. Like they can all see this sign on my neck that says "I don't really believe in God".

We took a walk this morning and I didn't quite know what to say other than "my ankles hurt, my ankles hurt, my ankles hurt." I'm tired and can't talk about it. It was nice being with him, I felt safe even though I didn't know what to say. Talking is becoming like crying, something I don't really do. Today I'm going to challenge myself to say things, real things.

No comments:

Post a Comment