Sunday, September 6, 2009

at the zoo



I feel like our house is a zoo these days. We have Amelia, Isabelle, and our two cats along with Ron's parents bulldog named Winnifred who we are watching for a few days. Feeding three dogs twice a day takes time; especially when they are picky and need things just so. Its tiring as our Amelia (the lab) has decided to jump on the bed every morning for a fun romp all over me. In other words, I'm exhausted.

Things are turning grey for me again. I'm down for no reason, tired all the time, unmotivated, overwhelmed by the littlest things, and grumpy. I'm consistently waking up cranky like a terrible-two's toddler. Ron has stayed home with me for the past two weeks. I thought he could go back to work this week but now am not so sure. I hope I can get on my feet again soon.

I'm reading a book called Lincoln's Melancholy. It is comforting in a way to read about his struggles and to know that I am not alone. He was so successful in spite of (as the book theorizes) his bouts with major depression. The book is making me think a lot about things which is good.

Now to watching movies and resting with Ronald.

No comments:

Post a Comment