Saturday, August 22, 2009

yard work

Things I learned this morning:

a. I am not good at pruning
b. Some moths bite
c. Prickle bushes cut you
d. Dead weeds can make you sneeze

I actually had some energy this morning to help Ron with yard work. I pruned, plucked, prodded. Watered the few living plants we have. Swept and raked. We talked about landscaping and have some plans that we are pretty exited about. One being building a raised garden in the backyard. Our house is so in need of love and care and we are trying our best with the little time and money we have.

Now to the rest of the day and the slow sinking feeling when the endorphin high starts to wear off. At least its the weekend. At least I'm with someone I love.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea of a raised garden! so much easier to care for & much less bending. Can't wait to hear about it.
    Glad to hear that you had a burst of energy.

    ReplyDelete