Tuesday, August 25, 2009

fern-ish




These are pictures I took from my sick bed. I'm tired of resting. I lay on the chaise with blankets and my most comforting pillow and sleep; sleep for hours and hours. I wake for a quick lunch and see part of a show and then back to sleep. I take at least two naps a day followed by a full nights sleep. I feel like a sick swaddled baby.

Its hard because part of my living in bed is due to my I-can't-even-describe-it lack of energy but its also due to depression. I don't see the point in doing anything; I don't have the desire to do anything; I don't have the energy to do anything. I used to love going out, doing crafts, cooking, going to the market for fresh flowers and vegetables. Now I can't seem to even get out of bed, to shower, to stand up.

Today I'm going to try to do something with Ron's help. Maybe go out, or tidy some of the mess in the house, or scrapbook. Its daunting to think of doing anything but I need to try hard, to put all my dwindling strength into it.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing more than you know Catherine. You wrote here today, that is something.

    Chronic fatique in itself is depressing, but I believe that this will pass. I know that you will be okay.

    What did you do today. I want to know.

    And being swaddled like a baby is okay sometimes.

    Love to you dear Catherine.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee,

    Yesterday I was able to take a shower and go out for a little while. It felt really good to be out in the sunshine.

    Hope you are doing well.

    Love, Catherine

    ReplyDelete