Thursday, August 20, 2009

shadow

I am a ghost of my previous self. Changed and ravaged by the demon, my demon, the lust filled blood sucking creature that makes his bed with me. I fight him, try to keep him away, but he stutters and barges his way in like a stealthy abuser. Oh depression, how easy and hard you are to describe.

I used to feel young, free and easy, awakened, creative, palpable, alive. Now I feel like the walking dead. Numb, used up, listless, shattered. I live, I beat I buy an orchid at the market. But really I am not there, I have escaped only to find myself in the dungeon.

Writing installment number 3:

----
You are rotting inside out like a crab, a seahorse. Soon all that will be left is skeleton, mollusk shell, a kidney. When you go you are taking your heart with you.
----

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you; may God's comfort, peace & joy to find you and make their home with you; for strength to do a little more each day; and mostly to feel good, better and the best you have felt in a long, long time.
    Know that your are loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are much more than you think.

    I for one already need you in the world.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete