Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home sweet

I have a love/hate relationship with our house. I love it because of our blue-green and white living room, I love it for its location, for its snug vintage kitchen with the faded orange counters, I love the beams on the ceiling, I love its quiet street and the enormous tree in the front yard. I hate it for its unfinished walls, the holes in the floor, the brown weeds in the yard, the old cracked linoleum and this impending feeling that the roof over the garage is sinking. But its our little bungalow in the midst of an extremely ritzy neighborhood that I feel we don't necessarily fit into, our house definitely does not. That makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Ron and I got food poisoning from some pizza we had the night before last. We both have tummy aches and just feel miserable. Poor Ron had to go teach regardless. I finally want to go grocery shopping but don't know if I can because of the ache. My plans dashed again. There seems to always be something getting in the way of my goals. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Know you're not the only one with that type of relationship with your house. I put up two baskets in my bathroom tonight with molly-screw things, I was pretty proud of myself!

    ReplyDelete