Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Weekend date

Ronald with his very serious "are you really taking a picture of me?" face.

Me with my half blinked right eye.

Most weekends we go to Starbucks to read. We usually play on our laptops and I'm sure we look quite disconnected and astutely technological. This is one of my favorite parts of every weekend though. Being quiet, being with him, getting some things done, getting introspective for a bit. Then we have lunch at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant and see a movie.

I've been tired and down the last few days. It's really no fun. The monster is here, in the backyard watching me. He holds me tighter and tighter until I can't breathe, until my eyes bulge. I'm so tired of it, but I need to accept this. Accept that he will always be there, lurking, trying to catch me off-guard and take me under.

No comments:

Post a Comment